Does such a tool exist?
Well, not many clients know about that, if they have access to the WEBCON client zone, they may download a translation tool. Tool named WEBCON.BPS.TranslationImportExport should be avialable at http://support.webcon.com .
This looks a bit like secret knowledge, and is just briefly described in this article as semi-official . That’s a pity.
This post will expand your knowledge about that tool!
Why should I be interested in this?
That’s simple – it is powerful time-saver. You may export all application names (actions, form fields, workflow names, etc.) into a single Excel file. You do not have to click to every single element in WEBCON Designer Studio on your own. Moreover, you are able to outsource this task to someone else – this may be another employee or even a translator from outside the company.
How it works?
- Go to the client zone at http://support.webcon.com
- Download translation tool
- Unzip files
- Open WEBCON.BPS.TranslationImportExport
- Point server and database
- Click “Reload” to get available dropdown values
- Enter parameters in the dialogue box and click “Export”
- Save Excel files with translates
- Open exported file and fill column with translates
- Save file
- Import data from fulfilled excel file (be careful picking language to not overwrite wrong one)
- That’s all – now you can enjoy your multilanguage forms!
This inconspicuous tool saves a lot of time. If you have so far translated everything yourself in WEBCON Designer Studio, I strongly advise you to be interested in whether you have access to the client zone.